Sunday, June 17, 2012

Premium

There are alot of deals offered by companies with comparable merchandise that are similar to a box of cereal. It does not matter to children what kind of cereal it is, as long as there is a prize inside. I find that most transactions that I encounter do have these premium options where there is a little something to sweeten the deal.

Today I decided to plant my garden, so went to a local nursery and bought my plants. By the way, for anyone interested in gardening, the local nurseries are the best place to buy plants. They are grown in Montana, so you know that they will grow in your garden, as long as you water it.

I was interested in buying a large tomato plant, since it is so late in the season, but I did not have a tomato cage to go along with it. I asked the attendant what would be the best way to manufacture my own cage. Instead, he offered me a deal. He said that if I bought one of the plants that they were selling (of course the more expensive plant), he would give me a cage for no extra charge. Thus, my cheap brain lept into the air and of course I took him up on his deal.

It is amazing that one simple gesture of offering a free cage would create brand loyalty. I decided at that moment that I was going to buy all of my plants at this nursery, instead of shopping around. It is a message to all of the future marketing students that you never know what can create brand loyalty and how effective premium options are to customers.

(Just as a side note, I included a picture of my garden so that I can show all my readers my amazing tomato cage!)


No comments:

Post a Comment