Monday, June 4, 2012

Personal Selling: Is it worth it?

I know alot of my friends are actively participating in some sort of personal selling gig where they become consultants for some company and they sell products underneath them. Some examples include:




My aunt and cousin sells Avon.


Also another similar type of personal selling/personal marketing is selling jewelry specifically, instead of selling comestics and jewelry-like Avon. It's called Lia Sophia.

http://www.networkmarketingelite.com/lia-sophia-is-it-a-scam/

I know many people that use these type of business ventures to increase their income and support their families. Is it worth it? I, personally, would run out of people to try and come to my jewelry parties, there is only so much Mary Kay or Avon that I can sell to my family. Selling to customers in person requires alot of capital up front, alot of patience with the customers, and alot of creativity trying to figure out how to get your name, as a consultant, in the market place.

We had a Mary Kay consultant come into my place of work and leave her individual business cards in the magazine holder in the waiting room, without our permission, in order to obtain some customers. I personally think it takes a special type of marketer to be able to make any money with these type of ventures. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment