Monday, May 14, 2012

Ulta: New and Good and What They Do

In Bozeman there is a new and exciting store available to all the women out there who love name-brand cosmetics, hair products, etc. Ulta had its grand opening last weekend; and of course, I attended this opening. When you walk into the store, you are overwelmed with the size and the selection of products. They had over 15 floor attendants waiting on you hand and foot. I am not one who really spends alot of money on "beauty products," but I have to admit I spent alot of money this past Saturday. I was entranced by the new store, the great customer service, their sales, and the glitz. And yet the main question is how does this relate to my marketing class? How can I prevent myself from getting pulled into the glitz, or at least recognize why was I pulled into the glitz? The answer...The 4 Ps: product, promotion, price, and distribution. The products they offer include not only hard to find beauty products, but also services. I was sucked into the sale price they offered in the salon and paid for a haircut and style. The promotion of their store was everywhere. In the newspapers, on the front of the store, and mostly word of mouth. The prices, actually not very cheap, were on sale. Every girl loves a good sale! The best part about Ulta is their distribution processes. They were able to provide everyone in the store with any type of beauty product they wanted in exactly what quantity they wanted them in. No longer do I have to go to a salon and search endlessly for my favorite eye cream or conditioner. I just have to go to one store, and I have everything that I could ever want. For example, my roommate has been searching endlessly for the past 2 years trying to find a certain brand of hair product known as "Big and Sexy." You may ask the question, "Well did she find what she was looking for?" Of course she found what she was looking for, she went to Ulta!!!! I found that many, many shoppers have gone crazy in Ulta (just go to youtube and type Ulta store) and I have included a video that I have found! Thank you Youtube!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, like you, I'm not a super-makeup person. I think it's really fun, I'm just too lazy to keep up with it all the time.

    But like you, I find Ulta to be DANGEROUSLY fun! I treated myself to a Clarisonic when they were having their big 20% off sale -- TOTALLY worth it!

    That video is great, but your post is even better. Way to tie in the 4 Ps right off the bat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That video was awesome! We should be in a group because I have an idea for Revlon and curlers/hairdryers.

    ReplyDelete